Adoption / Foster
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
— Mohandas Gandhi
- You must be 18 years of age or older to adopt / foster an animal.
- A current photo ID (driver’s license or state ID card) is required to process an application.
- All dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, have been spayed/neutered prior to being made available for adoption. In the case that an animal is too young to be spayed/neutered at the time of the adoption, a deposit is required that will be refunded when presented with proof that the animal has been spayed/neutered when age appropriate.
- To provide permanent identification, all dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, receive a microchip implant.
- If at any time you can no longer care for your pet and cannot find a suitable home, we ask that you return the pet to Shelby Shelter.
- The Shelby Shelter reserves the right to refuse any adoption / foster applicant.